Friday, January 13, 2012

Vanished

Are you afraid of death?

Can't believe that I'm doing daily posts nowadays. Lol.

I was testing my limits again, as I have been feeling kinda numb, emotionally. I am feeling optimistic, though I've been really down right about weeks ago. And here I was, bracing myself for the heartache, for the sting to come, and, nothing happened. And I couldn't be more taken aback by anything else. 

It saddens me. That something I once put in everything for, could end up like this, and that eventually, it won't matter anymore. Its frightening, thinking that something so strong could end up in ashes in just a blink of an eye. And that people would just walk away in the end, not bothered by it anymore.

But that is just the way life is, and only in that way, we will be able to move on and find happiness again. 

The same as of death. When someone important passed away, and we would mourn and grief, we would search ways to alleviate that pain. But eventually, the pain will fade away itself and we will move on with our lives, we will learn to forget and let go. Sometimes, it happens fast, other times, it may take longer, years maybe. And when that happens, all that is left will just be a lingering moment of thoughtfulness whenever someone thought of him, or her, and as quick as those thoughts came, they will be gone.

How does it feel like, to be forgotten, and to forget? It is liberating, and scary at the same time. We live with it, we deal with it, and in the end, we will leave too, and fade into oblivion...

No comments:

Post a Comment