Thursday, January 12, 2012

If there is an end, there is a beginning.

Okay, is it just me, or I'm just slow in realizing stuffs? Its 12/1/12 today, what a nice date huh? And that reminds me, its 2012 already (okay I'm not that slow, I know that) and I'm sure everyone heard of 'the apocalypse' thing right? The date is 21/12/2012, and it is the last day in the prophetic Mayan Calendar. And hence, many people had interpreted it as the day on which the world will end.

I've always been interested in all these cultures and historical stuffs, when I was younger, I had wanted to be an archaeologist. Oh well, too bad its not an option, in Malaysia, and in my family. Anyways, take a look at the carvings from the Maya's civilization below. 

I find it highly amusing. Do you?

The Mayans are native Americans and their civilization is situated around southern Mexico and northern Central America. In fact, there are around 7 million Maya people still living to this date! 

Anyway, back to topic. The date is actually never a prediction of apocalypse, it is just the completion of a 'world age' for the Mayans, and that signifies the beginning of another cycle. And there are theories that during that date, there will be a positive shift in the human consciousness. That sounds more believable to me, though I really think that nothing will ever happen on that day itself. 

"Scholars from various disciplines have dismissed the idea of such cataclysmic events occurring in 2012. Professional Mayanist scholars state that predictions of impending doom are not found in any of the extant classic Maya accounts, and that the idea that the Long Count calendar "ends" in 2012 misrepresents Maya history and culture. Astronomers and other scientists have rejected the proposed events as pseudoscience, stating that they are contradicted by simple astronomical observations."
Source - Wikipedia (you can read more about it here)

So, the world is not coming to an end. But, I decided that I will live as if the world is going to end soon anyways. Let's just let everything go, and do what we had always wanted to do, and enjoy life! That indeed, is a positive shift in my consciousness. Way to go, er, ancient Maya people!

No comments:

Post a Comment